Conference interpreter (English < > German, Spanish > German)
Live-subtitler (English, German)
Translator (English/Spanish > German)
Sworn interpreter and translator (English and Spanish)
Academic and professional career
My educational background and membership at the German Association of Conference Interpreters (VKD) mean that you can be sure that I will handle your language projects with professionalism and discretion, all the while abiding by the highest code of conduct for professional conference interpreters and translators.
- B.A. in Translation, University of Leipzig (English, Spanish)
- M.A. in Conference Interpreting, University of Leipzig (English, Spanish)
- Studying and working abroad in the United Kingdom, Spain and Brazil
- Member of the Association of Conference Interpreters (VKD) in Germany
- Sworn interpreter and translator for English and Spanish (Higher Regional Court of Dresden)
- Live-subtitling (Respeaking) of news shows and other broadcasting formats at Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk (Central German Broadcasting, MDR), public broadcaster for the federal states of Thuringia, Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt
- Regular CPD courses in my specialist areas
Continuous professional development
I not only cultivate my working languages by reading articles, listening to podcasts and soaking up information about politics, business, the environment and culture, but also make sure I stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the interpreting and translation sector.
Here is a non-exhaustive lists of professional courses and study visits:
- TerpSummit 2021 (Online conference for interpreters)
- Live-subtitling and Respeaking (German Association of Interpreters and Translators, BDÜ)
- Transcreation workshop (German Association of Interpreters and Translators, BDÜ)
- The Complete Copywriting Course: Write to Sell Like a Pro (Udemy)
- Fundamentals of digital marketing (Google Digital Garage)
- The Changing Global Order (Coursera): International relations, international and regional organizations
- Online-Marketing – Grundlagen (LinkedIn Learning)
- Practical Training for Conference Interpreters: simulated conferences around the topic “Dimensions and implications of displacement, flight and migration movements” (European Academy Otzenhausen)
Born and raised in the South of Germany, I decided to leave Bamberg, my hometown, behind and start my academic career in the historic city of Leipzig at one of the oldest universities in Germany, the University of Leipzig.
After having studied both my Bachelor’s and my Master’s degree and having lived in four different countries during my academic and professional career, I finally decided to “pitch my tent” in Leipzig.
Since then, I’ve been providing conference interpreting and translation to a variety of clients in the area around Leipzig, Berlin and Bamberg.
In addition, I am a sworn interpreter and translator for English and Spanish and a live-subtitler for Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk (Central German Broadcasting, MDR).
Now that you have gotten to know me, the next step is to get in touch in order to discuss your interpreting or translation needs!